November 1, 2010

sheeeesh

I have had an eventful sunday. Happy Halloween!!

My heart decided to take off and breakthrough the new dosage of the heart meds that I am on... I went to the specialty hospital emergencey.. I told them my symptoms and so they took me straight back.. They took my pulse and it read something like 198.. It was jumping all over the place from 160 up to 210 back down to 190.. It was crazy.. So they started an I.V and pushed in some adenosine which is a drug that will take your breath away, stop and restart the heart back into a normal rythm... We tried that 3 times and every one was a failed attempt...

So then.......

We moved on to the cardioversin attempt.. A cardioversion is a quick procedure where an electrical shock is delivered to the heart to convert an abnormal heart rhythm back to a normal rhythm. Well we thought that was what was supposed to happen... We did this 3 times as well, once again all 3 attempts were a fail.. So off to be tranported to the UofU.. Which is the best lace so I was perfectly okay with that decision..

Now it is Monday night and things are laying low but tomorrow we will fix my heart so it will never do this again.. I will be good to go!!

No comments: