October 13, 2008

Home!!

I am finally home after a month of being in lockup.. It feels so nice to be home and I can do what ever I want when I want.. My mom came up to the hospital this morning to get me.. However we didn't leave till about 4.. I got my feeding tube pulled out.. I told the nurse that I wanted yo do it and she was shocked that I knew how.. Well after 10 years of doing it I told her that I was pro.. We just laughed.. Then I get my pic line pulled out.. That felt nice too.. After having tape on your skin for a while it gets itchy.. The nurses are all scared to take the tape off cause they think that it is going to hurt but its the opposite it feels good..

Kelly the transplant coordinator came in and went over the red book (book all about transplant info) and pills.. I love the whole transplant team they are so great.. After Kelly left Crystal the pharmacist came in and gave me all my meds.. We went over them all and the side affects and everything else that involves pills.. Holy crap are there a lot of pills, but i know that i am going to be faithful at taking them so I am not worried a bit.. My mom is a big part of it too she goes over them with me, so at the same time she is learning them too.. Its like going back to school.. lol

I finally got to see my apartment it is so nice I love it.. It cozy and warm.. My mom and aunt picked it out last week, so it was kinda a rush rush thing. We are on the 4th floor so we get a good view of the capital building.. Its pretty at night..

Well I'm getting tired so I am going to go to bed.. Wright to you all tomorrow..


Love T

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Woohoo for leaving the joint!
I totally agree about the tape. It feels so good to get it off!

I am so pumped you are doing well. You are a rockstar and a hero =]

Natalie said...

Yay! New lungs, new house, new life--I can't believe the difference in a few weeks. I am so happy for you and was crying while looking at the pics you posted. Am I ever going to see you again T? I hope you keep in touch and let me know what super achievements you'll be taking on now. You're awesome-love ya!!!